You can all start booking your rooms at the South Point for BB4B 2022! We are racing September 2nd-4th. Stalls and exhibition runs will be September 1st and the barn opens at 6am. You can stay until 9am Monday and the discount code will still apply.
If you go on the website the code is BUC2022
Can't wait to see you all!
I know we aren't the only ones counting the day . . .
Happy Monday! ( Yes, I am happy on a Monday because I am retired, I highly recommend it.)
I wanted to give some updates for the 2022 race...
1) Right now we have $40,000 added to the open and $1,000 added to the senior. We will have a youth race and right now I am thinking about making it Saturday only and just doing one big payout. I may reconsider that after a few cocktails and brainstorming with my amazing husband but right now that is what I am thinking. ( An older woman referred to my husband as a "well bred halter horse" the other day. I almost peed!🤣)
2) We will have a KK Run for Vegas Qualifier on Friday and Xtreme Millions Qualifiers on Saturday and Sunday.
3) We will be running one race this year and will make it a 6D to include our novice runners. (1/2 second splits to the 5D and a 1 second split to the 6D) This will work out for everyone. It adds more money to the payout and brings everyone into the main arena and on the live feed. It also gives us full use of 3 tractors and gives us more warm up area.
4) I am ordering average prizes that can be mailed. I know that everyone gets into Vegas on Thursday and are in full on Vegas barrel racer land mode. I also know that by Sunday you have shared a room with Susie who turns into a "whoohoo" girl after her second shot of tequilla, had to be carried to her room missing a flip flop and told you until 3am how much she loves you. All of your clothes smell like peed on shavings, you hear slot machines in your sleep and you just want to go back to your own "well bred halter horse" and sleep in your own bed. When you finish your run and I see you loading up with dead eyes like you were just held hostage by a group of angry pygmy goats, I get it. I will mail your stuff. Please just make sure you sign a w9 before you run away.
5) The barn will be open for check in at 6am on Thursday. You can stay in your stalls until 9am on Monday. I know, you are hung over, my RBF doesn't care.
6) I will open entries and stall reservations the first week of July. Entries will definitely be on saddlebook. I am debating about the stalls. I am trying to find a way that you can all pick your own stalls that doesn't get too expensive. I will keep you updated...
7) Saturday will be our memorial day for The Mighty B. We would love it if everyone would wear red for her. This will be a tough day for our family but please do not avoid us or feel like you cannot say hello. You have all been with us on this journey and we appreciate your continued support. Bailey would want us all to be happy and celebrate her strength, bravery and love of life. She lived wide open not caring what anyone thought and she wouldn't want us to be sad so please stop any of our family members and say hello. We are a group of huggers though...you were warned!
Fliers will be posted soon...I cannot wait to see you all!!😊
For all events in the main arena Brown Ohana Photography is the official still photographer.
For all events in the main arena Lexi Smith Media is the official videographer.
In 2017, we applied for our own 501c.3 and have been approved. We have been able to help 12 other families with financial assistance while their children are hospitalized or in need of surgery.
It is our mission to continue to help other families with medical and travel expenses. We would also like to assist with medical equipment such as wheelchairs and gait trainers along with everyday expenses such as meals and utility bills. We will be visiting a local NICU in October of 2019 to write 35, $1000 checks to families with children that are struggling.